Thomas Markle Sr., Meghan Markle’s father, has said that his daughter has cut him off completely and that he now has no way of contacting his daughter.
The former lighting director made the claims during an interview with the Mail On Sunday, saying that he “used to have a phone number and text number for her personal aides at the Palace, but after I said a few critical words about the Royal Family changing Meghan, they cut me off.”
Markle Sr. was previously supposed to walk his daughter down the aisle of her wedding to Prince Harry, but following some controversy involving staged photographs with him, her mother Doria Ragland stepped in for the honour instead. Markle Sr. also believes that if Meghan Markle becomes pregnant and has a child in the next couple of years, he’ll be frozen out.
“What’s sad is that some time in the next year Meghan and Harry will have a baby and I’ll be a grandfather, and if we’re not speaking I won’t see my grandchild. How tragic is that, to deprive a child of its grandfather because I said a few things critical of the Royal Family?”
All of this, however, comes just a week after it was announced that Meghan’s half-sister, Samantha Grant-Markle, is joining this season of ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, which kicks off next month.