British actor and Gossip Girl star Ed Westwick will not be prosecuted over three separate sexual assault allegations made against him last year.
Los Angeles prosecutors released a document saying there was not enough evidence to support a case.
Three women accused Westwick of sexually assaulting them in 2014.
The allegations arose during the #MeToo movement, when several powerful Hollywood figures, including movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, were accused of sexual assault and sexual harassment.
One of Westwick’s accusers was US actress Kristina Cohen, who said on Facebook she was raped after having dinner with him at his house.
She said she had taken a nap in his guest bedroom, but woke up to the actor on top of her.
“I was paralysed, terrified. I couldn’t speak, I could no longer move. He held me down and raped me,” she said.
She said she had filed a police report against the actor.
Westwick released a statement on Twitter at the time that denied he had ever raped or forced himself on any woman.
“I do not know this woman. I have never forced myself in any manner, on any woman. I certainly have never committed rape,” he said.
Then when the BBC paused production of the second series of White Gold, of which he was due to be the star, he released another statement describing the claims as “unverified” and “provably untrue”.
“I am cooperating with authorities so that they can clear my name as soon as possible,” he said.
An investigation was conducted into the rape allegations, but LA prosecutors released a document on Friday (local time) saying they would not be filing charges.
The document said in two of the instances, there were no witnesses who could sufficiently corroborate the allegations to support a case.
In the third instance, the woman did not cooperate with investigators.
Westwick’s manager did not return a request for comment.