Monday, 20 August 2018
BREAKING NEWS

Barcelona transfer news LIVE: Ousmane Dembele EXIT, Done deal, Barca plan more signings

Barcelona transfer news LIVE: Ousmane Dembele EXIT, Done deal, Barca plan more signings
28 Jul
7:16

Barcelona transfer news LIVE updates: All the latest from the Nou Camp

Saturday, July 28

Digne to leave

Everton are reportedly closing in on a deal to sign Barcelona full-back Lucas Digne.

Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo claim The Toffees have been in constant conversation with Barcelona about a potential move for Digne and a transfer looks close to being completed.

An agreement has supposedly been reached with Everton paying close to £18million-plus-bonuses.

Barcelona plan more signings

Ernesto Valverde has confirmed Barcelona will be in the market for at least one more player in the final weeks of the transfer window.

Bordeaux winger Malcom became the third signing at the Nou Camp this summer following the arrivals of Arthur Melo and Clement Lenglet.

But Valverde admits Barcelona will look to add another central midfielder with Andres Iniesta and Paulinho leaving a gaping hole in their starting line-up.

“We are keeping all our options open,” Valverde said.

“We have two big departures from the centre of our midfielder and only one has come in (for that position), so yes more signings are likely.

Transfer News: Malcom joined Barcelona in a £37million deal earlier this week

Transfer News: Malcom joined Barcelona in a £37million deal earlier this week (Image: GETTY)

Friday, July 27

Moreno joins Juventus

Juventus have announced the signing of 16-year-old starlet Pablo Moreno from Barcelona.

The Spanish striker arrives after scoring more than 200 goals for Barca’s various youth teams at the famed La Masia academy, since joining from Granada five years ago.

Juventus are thought to have paid £623,000 for his signature.

Why United want Mina

Barcelona defender Mina has been linked with Manchester United amid uncertainty over his Nou Camp future.

And Mundo Deportivo have now delved into why United are interested in bringing Mina to Old Trafford.

Back in February, the club endured a humiliating Champions League defeat to Sevilla.

Their season never really recovered, with defenders Eric Bailly and Chris Smalling enduring chastening evenings.

An their timid performances has led Mourinho to explore a deal for Mina.

Real Madrid have ruled out a move for Tottenham striker Harry Kane

Real Madrid have ruled out a move for Tottenham striker Harry Kane (Image: GETTY)

Barca insider discusses Willian

A Barcelona insider has claimed the club will not be signing PSG’s Adrien Rabiot.

And that is because the deal is similar to their pursuit of Willian, who was not allowed to join Chelsea.

Marca quote the Barca source as saying: “It will be the same as Willian. 

“These teams do not sell.”

Malcom reveals ‘difficulty’ over Nou Camp switch

Malcom can’t wait to get going at his new club – but admitted there was a degree of ‘difficulty’ over joining them.

“I always wanted to go to Barcelona,” Malcom said. “I was always calm. My agents have been in charge of this whole issue.

“It was an opportunity to play for Barcelona and here I will play with the best players in the world. I am very happy to be able to be at a team like this.

“It’s very difficult to come to Barcelona, but I am going to give all I have to do a good job. I am very happy in my heart, I am realising a dream that I have had since childhood.”

No Harry for Real

Real Madrid have ruled out a move for Tottenham striker Harry Kane for two key reasons, it has been claimed in Spain.

Following Cristiano Ronaldo’s transfer to Juventus, Real Madrid are in the market for a marquee player.

But Spanish newspaper AS claims the Champions League winners view the possibility of signing Kane as “almost impossible”.

The report says Real recognise they would need to make a “very high” offer to even tempt Spurs into selling Kane, but is also claimed Real have doubts over Kane’s ability to adapt.

The extortionate transfer fee required, added to Madrid chiefs not being convinced Kane can make it in Spain, mean Los Blancos are set to look elsewhere.

Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani is considered to be the most feasible signing and it is said he would be “very receptive” to joining if he received an offer.

Hector Bellerin exit? That’s crazy talk!

Hector Bellerin insists he is “very happy” at Arsenal as the full-back continues to be linked with a move away from the Emirates Stadium.

The 23-year-old has reportedly drawn long-term interest from the likes of Barcelona and Juventus but looks set to stay put.

“It is crazy that people ask me these questions all the time,” he said. “A few years ago I signed a very long-term contract. I have never said that I have wanted to be anywhere else.

“I am very happy in London. I am very happy at this club. The club have made me who I am and gave me the chance to be the footballer I am today. So I don’t want to be anywhere else.”

Hector Bellerin insists he is

Hector Bellerin insists he is “very happy” at Arsenal (Image: GETTY)

Done Deal: Marcelo Flores signs – report

Arsenal have signed Ipswich teenager Marcelo Flores, reports claim.

According to website TWTD, the Gunners have snapped up the 15-year-old Canadian youngster and will be added to their development squad.

TWTD claim Arsenal and Ipswich agreed a compensation fee thought to be lower than the £1million Manchester City paid for Ben Knight in June.

The website adds that Chelsea, Liverpool and Barcelona were all monitoring Flores.

Ousmane Dembele to Arsenal or Liverpool?

Barcelona may reportedly allow Ousmane Dembele to leave with Arsenal and Liverpool both in the mix for his signature.

Barcelona have plunged Dembele’s future into uncertain waters by signing Malcom from Bordeaux, with the Brazilian expected to fit seamlessly into Ernesto Valverde’s line-up.

And Spanish newspaper Marca say the 21-year-old may be allowed to leave on a permanent basis with the club keen to balance the books.

That could benefit both Arsenal and Liverpool, with interest sounding strong from the Premier League duo.

Barcelona may reportedly allow Ousmane Dembele to leave with Arsenal and Liverpool linked

Barcelona may reportedly allow Ousmane Dembele to leave with Arsenal and Liverpool linked (Image: GETTY)

First Class

Barcelona have promised that their women’s team will travel first class for the remainder of their tour of the US after sending them economy on their outward journey, while the men’s team enjoyed business class on the same flight.

Barca are currently carrying out their first ever mixed-sex pre-season tour, with the female and male teams both training at Nike’s headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon this week.

The club faced criticism on social media, however, for their travel arrangements.

Barca spokesman Josep Vives said the women’s team flew in economy rather than business because they were a late addition to the tour and they had already contracted a charter flight.

He also said the club deserved more praise for their steps to promote the women’s team.

Barcelona have promised that their women's team will travel first class

Barcelona have promised that their women’s team will travel first class (Image: GETTY)

Yerry Mina hijack

Manchester United are looking to spoil Everton’s pursuit of Barcelona defender Yerry Mina, reports claim.

Yesterday Goal claimed that Marco Silva’s side were confident of seeing their revised £27million bid for the Colombia international accepted.

But there could be a problem.

That problem is Manchester United, who French media outlet RMC claim will launch a late deal to hijack their Premier League rivals.

The report claims United are prepared to match Everton’s £27million offer and meet his wage demands.

Neymar block

Neymar could affect Barcelona’s ability to lure Adrien Rabiot from Paris Saint-Germain this summer.

Barcelona are currently revamping their squad and want to add more midfield reinforcements in the wake of the departures of Andres Iniesta and Paulinho.

Rabiot, who was snubbed from France’s World Cup-winning squad in Russia and controversially refused to be on the standby list, can leave PSG on a free transfer next summer.

Having so far failed to agree terms on a new deal, the prospect of him heading to Spain is a realistic option.

However, according to ESPN, a move may not happen this summer and that is down to Neymar.

The report suggests the strained relationship between PSG and Barca over the Neymar saga last year could put pay to Valverde’s hopes of clinching a deal over the coming weeks.

Barca’s new sporting director Eric Abidal supposedly travelled to the French capital earlier this month as part of a plan to improve relations between the two clubs.

ESPN claim that the Nou Camp giants may now have to wait 12 months to sign the player.

Recommended

« »

allsites

Related Articles